.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Henry David Thoreau

Some quotes from a wise man. I may not understand the true meaning of them but that doesn't matter. I can still appreciate them and doesn't mean I can't interpret them how I wish.

I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.

I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.

I say beware of all enterprises that require new clothes, and not rather a new wearer of clothes.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.

No comments:

Post a Comment